If the dentist calls themselves an “implant specialist” and proudly displays a certificate of attendance at a half-day seminar in implants at a dental convention or certificate from the implant manufacturer - run.
- Panoramic x-ray costs range from $25 in Manila, $65 in Mexico and $200- 300 in the US. (Same equipment.)
- Bone grafts (30% of patients require them) $500 in Mexico - $1,250 in the US
- Sinus lift surgery. Often required. $1,000 in Mexico, - $2,500 in the US
- Prices for name brand implants in the US range from $3,000 to $5,000 per unit complete with crown. The higher price reflecting clinics in upscale communities.
- Prices in Mexico for top brand implants like Nobel Biocare range from $2,000 to $2,600 complete with crown in Mexico. A few hundred less in Manila.
- Low-priced implants have a higher failure rate and shorter longevity. Pass on them.